Advantages of Composite Doors
A front door which is an attractive entrance to your home and also keeps your house secure is a worthy investment.
Advantages of Composite Doors
When you decide to update your door you will find that there is a lot of variety on the market and many different types to choose from. Some of the most popular choices are composite doors, UPVC doors and classic timber doors.
In this article, we will be looking at composites and what makes this type of door a superior option, especially for use as a garage side door.
What is a composite door?
Simply put, a composite door is one that is made from a combination of materials. This contrasts with the other prevalent options – hardwood or UPVC doors – which are only made from one material. All substances have their downfalls and the beauty of a composite door is that it can take the best aspects of several materials whilst mitigating their disadvantageous traits.
A standard composite door is 44mm thick – deeper than a standard UPVC at 28mm – making it a sturdy option. Materials which usually make up a composite door include a wood core, insulating polyurethane foam, aluminium inserts for strength and structure, and a glass reinforced plastic outer layer for weatherproofing.
What are the advantages?
Composite doors are ever increasing in popularity and with their wide range of advantages, it’s easy to see why. Here are some of the main benefits:
- Provides a safe, sturdy and robust entrance to your home. The structure of composite doors makes them the most secure option for your home.
- An insulating option which will help reduce heat loss from your home in winter and heat gain in summer. Composite doors are an energy efficient choice.
- They are very low maintenance. Unlike hardwood doors, composites require very little upkeep. Simply wipe down the door with a damp cloth and oil the hinges to keep it in top condition.
- Composites look very attractive. With realistic woodgrain finishes, a wide variety of possible colours and the option for glasswork inserts, there really is something to suit everyone.
- They are strong and resistant to wear and tear. You don’t have to worry about your door warping, chipping, scratching, rotting or discolouring with a composite.
- They are long-lasting making them great value for money. You can expect a composite door to have a lifespan of around 30-35 years.
JB Doors provide customers across Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire with high quality garage doors and entrance doors.
All our doors come from leading, respectable manufacturers and are installed by our professional operatives. We can also offer automation, maintenance and repair services to ensure your door is kept in optimal condition.
With over 30 years of industry experience, you can trust that you are getting an informed, reliable and quality service with JB Doors. If you would like more information about any of our products or services, get in touch with our helpful team today.